High Speed Video
This document sets out our method of charging for personnel time during the hours, and associated with, shooting using our high speed cameras and associated tasks, such as ShotServer and data downloading.
Basic Working Day (Monday – Saturday):
- Our guaranteed working day is 10 hours, plus a usual 1 hour lunch break.
- Alternatively a continuous working day of 9 hours may be worked, billed at the appropriate 10 hour rate.
- A normal call time is between 07:00 and 10:00.
- Very early call times, between midnight and 05:00, are billed at 3 times the hourly rate.
- Early call times between 05:00 and 07:00 are billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
Overtime is billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate until 6 hours overtime has been worked or midnight has been reached, from which point overtime is billed at 3 times the hourly rate.
Sundays, Statutory Holidays:
On Sundays, all hours are billed at 2 times the hourly rate. On Statutory Holidays, all hours are billed at 3 times the hourly rate.
- Night-work is work scheduled to extend beyond midnight. The minimum call for night work is 10 hours.
- Where a single night is worked Monday to Friday, the first 10 hours worked are billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate. Hours in excess of 10 are billed at 3 times the hourly rate. In addition one 10 hour rest day is billed at the normal day rate.
- Where a single night is worked on Saturday or Sunday, all hours worked are billed at 2 times the hourly rate. In addition one 10 hour rest day is billed at the normal day rate.
- Where multiple (i.e. 2 or more consecutive) nights are worked Monday to Friday, the first 10 hours worked in each night are billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate. Hours in excess of 10 are billed at 3 times the hourly rate. In addition two 10 hour rest days are billed at the normal day rate.
- Where multiple nights are worked on Saturday or Sunday, all hours worked are paid at 2 times the hourly rate. In addition two 10 hour rest days are billed at the normal hourly rate.
We require a minimum break of 11 hours between leaving after wrap and attending a call the following day. Where this 11 hour break is cut short, each lost hour or part of an hour is compensated by billing an hour at the appropriate overtime rate.
- A one hour lunch break is normally taken between 12:00 and 13:30.
- In any event, the first one hour meal break should be taken no more than 5.5 hours after a call.
- Where appropriate, a second one hour meal break should be taken no more than 5.5 hours after the end of the first meal break.
- Where any break is delayed, curtailed or missed this is compensated by a payment for the appropriate number of hours at the appropriate overtime rate. For missed meals, a meal allowance of one hour's time shall be charged.
- Travel on days where no work takes place are billed at the normal hourly rate, subject to a minimum of 8 hours.
- Travel on days where work also takes place is billed at the normal hourly rate less the first hour of both the outward journey and the return journey, except where work continues for more than 4.5 hours after the end of the basic working day or after midnight, in which case all the hours of the return journey are paid at the appropriate overtime rate.
- If Pirate supply the vehicle, the mileage is charged at £1.05p/mile, calculated from Pirate's address in NW10 7AX.
- Where Pirate personnel deliver and collect equipment, the time spent collecting and delivering said equipment is billed as part of the normal working day.
- Where a confirmed booking is cancelled 4 to 6 days prior to the call time, 50% of the agreed fee will be billed.
- Where a confirmed booking is cancelled 2 to 3 days prior to the call time, 75% of the agreed fee will be billed.
- Where a confirmed booking is cancelled less than 2 days prior to the call time, 100% of the agreed fee will be billed.
Invoices should be paid within 28 days of the issue date.
Kino Flo’s VistaBeam® 600 will change the way our industry lights film and television studios.
A VistaBeam 600 produces a soft flicker free light equivalent to a 4,000 Watt Softlight, drawing only 4.6A. The fixture has a DMX control system and the ability to produce daylight or tungsten balanced light from the same fixture. The cool soft like is ideally suited to food and people shots where the heat and harshness of other fixtures would make working with them difficult.
The VistaBeam 600 DMX (230V version) runs at 25kHz, housing 6 x 96W tubes. It measures 37.5" x 36" x 8.5" (95.5 x 91.5 x 21.5cm) and weighs 47.6lb (21Kg).
To see the full specification of the VistaBeam 600 (and 300), please click here.
|A comprehensive Photron BC2 / SA2 solution for slow motion HD at 2000fps, based in London. The BC2 is the latest offering from Photron, specifically designed for the film & TV market. The BC2 is based on the successful SA2, sharing all it's features with several new ones, such as an eyepiece connector and additional HD-SDI out connectors on the rear panel. Image quality has been improved too and really is superb, and shooting 1080p, 12 bit colour at up to 2000fps (standard definition 16:9 at 5400fps!) with 640ASA sensitivity, the BC2 provides a better high speed solution than the Phantom HD Gold where portability and speed of use are not as critical. In addition, our BC2 has 32GB of internal memory, twice that of most Phantom HD Golds, giving twice the running time, like for like. With the BC2, the image is sharper and cleaner than the Phantom HD Gold, but it does not have the Phantom's CineMag facility (making long downloads on set inevitable) and cannot be easily used on anything other than a tripod (certainly not handheld!). Both these issues are being addressed by Pirate: watch this space.|
Due to the success of our ShotServer system and the now established workflows for Phantom HD Gold footage, we can provide the same service for the Photron BC2.
Our BC2 is fully equipped with HD colour live-image video eyepieces, a full range of cine lenses and accessories, producing superb, crisp film-quality HD shots with 35mm film depth-of-field at 2000 fps. Our latest idea, ShotServer, really is a must for high-end shoots where time and quality are important. Alternatively, we have built an HD-SDI data capture facility to save on post-production costs where best quality is not needed.
To discuss if the BC2 is right for your shoot, please call Michael or Martin, if you've got 20 minutes ....
- Image size = 2048 x 2048 pixels It's big enough for most people.
- 35mm depth-of-field It's beautiful, really beautiful.
- True 1920 x 1080 High Definition at 2000fps It's the fastest there is.
- 1/500,000 second maximum shutter speed It's rather quick.
- 12 bit colour It's excellent quality.
- HD eyepiece or HD on-board monitor with no image lag Great for setting up and focus pulling.
- Instant playback on Panasonic HD monitor Coo at the graceful way that bullet smashes through plate glass while the next shot is being set up.
- Very sensitive image sensor (ISO 640ASA film equivalent at 360 degree shutter 25 fps) Typical shots require only 10kW tungsten lights, keeping costs lower.
- Data delivered on external hard drive Either as Cine Raw files or 8, 10, or 12 bit Tiffs, or even HD Quicktime movies.
- End Record Trigger Continuously record in a loop and cut when you've seen the action - no more missed takes.
- Synchronise Trigger Kit option Synchronise an event to camera turnover - pyrotechnics have never been so much fun.
- PL, PV, BNCR, Nikon and Sony B4 Lens Mount Suits a wide range of lenses.
- Motion Control Option If you need repeatable high speed camera moves or ultra-fast accurate focus pulls, we have a portable motion control head - the camera can pull focus, zoom, pan & tilt.
What's an HD-SDI Transmitter Receiver System for?
This allows the transmission of a live or playback camera picture without wires, so usually used when the camera is running on batteries, untethered on a rig, quad bike or steadycam, for example. We have the "WEVI CAM-WAVE CW-5HD" microwave link for rental, made by IDX. See here for more information.
What's the 'HD-SDI data capture facility'?
We have built a powerful computer system capable of capturing the Photron's HD-SDI 4:2:2 monitor output as 10 bit uncompressed Quicktime data files. These are supplied on external hard disk, in the same way as the .cine or .tiff files. The data quality is the same or better than recording to a Sony SR55100 deck. The advantage of this approach is that one does not need to download a shot (it is simply recorded whilst watching the playback) and much time is saved in post. However, the downside is that one is not getting best quality data - the camera can provide 12 bit data.
Link to Photron SA2 Specifications
See stunning examples of what the Photron cameras can do
Pirate's Conditions of Hire (printable .pdf file)
|Camera & Viewfinder & Control system, Live-feed video eyepiece & camera mounted 6" monitor, Tripod & Head, Arri 4" Matte box & 15mm Rails, LaCie 160GB Firewire external hard drive, Canon Superspeed Prime Lenses (T1.4, BNCR mount, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm) (other lens mounts available), 9" Sony monitor||£1200 per day|
|High Speed Camera Operator||£345 per 8 hours|
|Total Basic Package Price, ex VAT||£1545|
|14" Sony High Resolution monitor in flight case with cage||£90 per day|
|27" Sony Cube monitor in flight case||£75 per day|
|High-speed follow focus||£75 per day|
|Vinten V12 Fluid head & legs||£45 per day|
|Arri mini Hi Hat & Head||£40 per day|
|Scaffolding Camera Mount & Head||£40 per day|
|18mm T1.4 prime||£85 per day|
|Angenieux Zoom, T 3.2, 25mm - 250mm||£310 per day|
|90mm Zoomar macro lens T2.8||£50 per day|
|Panasonic Professional S-VHS Tape Deck||£30 per day|
|Synchronise Trigger Kit option||£100 per day|
|Motion Controlled Head, 5 axis, option||£800 per 8 hours|
|Custom frame rate option eg 25 fps||£200 per day|
|Camera Assistant||£215 per 8 hours|
|Output to Digibeta tape||£150 setup|
|+ £50 per 10GB source data|
|Data Conversion to High Definition 1080i format TIFFs||£150 per 10GB source data|
|Pirate Studio dry hire||£500 per 8 hours|
|(If not shooting at Pirate: Equipment delivery / collection by Pirate within the M25)||(£120.00)|
|(Other locations = mileage charged at)||(70p per mile)|
Please note all overtime hours would be charged at time-and-a-half
DESCRIPTION OF REDLAKE. mUST GO OUT WITH A N OPERATOR
Capable of shooting 125, 250 and 500 fps only in colour, recording onto S-VHS tape. The kit includes a 9" Sony monitor. EXPAND ON THIS.