Photron Fastcam SA1.1 Hire - 16:9 Standard Definition Video @ 10,000 fps
|Just like our Photron Ultima APX, but better! Put simply our SA1.1 does everything our Photron Ultima APX does but is capable of shooting Standard Definition 16:9 TV (1024 x 576 pixels) at a staggering 10,000 fps! In addition, it is more light sensitive by at least two stops and the image has more dynamic range (equivalent to latitude in film) is wider and colour rendiiton is nicer. And data is stored as uncompressed 12 bit .tif files, nice and quickly using the Gigabit ethernet interface. As with the Ultima APX, Directors and DOPs love the ease of use of our high speed video, because it has been integrated with a live-image on-board monitor, a full range of cine lenses, accessories and optional Motion Control, that produce film-like quality images without the hassle and expense of shooting film. They have the luxury of knowing they can go for another high speed take without wincing at spiralling costs.|
- The camera shoots full widescreen broadcast images (1024 x 1024 pixels) up to 5400 fps, continuing up to an amazing 10,000 fps at 16:9 TV frame size, stored directly on disk (as 12 bit TIFF files).
- After wrapping, the data can be taken away on any portable drive.
- Whether shooting in our 1,000 sq ft studio or away from base, our portable Motion Control head means the camera can pull focus, zoom, pan & tilt, enabling computer-controlled camera moves during a high speed shot.
- Instant playback on G1 monitor Coo at the graceful way that bullet smashes through plate glass while the next shot is being set up.
- Sensitive image sensor (25fps, 180 degree shutter it has a 320 ASA film equivalent) Typical shots require only 2 x 10kW lights, which means your lighting bill will be much lower. Nice.
- 25fps & Custom Frame Rate option You wanted to match live action and the standard speeds may not be exactly what you wanted.
- End Record Trigger Continuously record in a loop and cut when you've seen the action - no more missed takes.
- Synchronise Trigger Kit option Synchronise an event to camera turnover - pyrotechnics have never been so much fun.
Look at it another way:
Shooting high speed on a Photosonic film camera, a typical take using 1000ft magazine of 35mm film would cost £1000 in stock and telecine alone, before you've even put it through steadygate to sort out the film weave (the images recorded on HSV are steady as a rock). A high speed video shoot day with Pirate can yield 30 or more takes - imagine how much that would cost if shot on film!
To view the manufacturer's data sheet, please click here.
|Camera & Control system, Live-feed 6" on-board monitor, Tripod & Head, Arri 4" Matte box & 15mm Rails, Canon Superspeed Prime Lenses (BNCR mount, 24mm-T1.5, 35mm-T1.3, 50mm-T1.3, 85mm-T1.3) (other lens mounts available), 9" Sony monitor||£2100 per day|
|High Speed Camera Operator||£555 per 10 hours *OT - see here|
|Panasonic LH1700W HD-SDI monitor, flight cased, on monitor stand||£95 per day|
|27" Sony Cube monitor in flight case||£75 per day|
|High-speed follow focus||£75 per day|
|Vinten V12 Fluid head & legs||£45 per day|
|Arri mini Hi Hat & Head||£40 per day|
|Scaffolding Camera Mount & Head||£40 per day|
|18mm-T1.5 prime||£85 per day|
|300mm-T2.8 prime - Canon Century Precision||£150 per day|
|Angenieux zoom lens T3.2, 25mm - 250mm||£310 per day |
|90mm Zoomar macro lens T2.8||£50 per day|
|Millisecond Trigger Kit Option (see here)||£280 per day |
|Motion Controlled Head, 4 axis, option (see here)||£910 per 10 hours|
|Custom frame rate option eg 25 fps||£200 per day|
|Camera Assistant||£430 per 10 hours|
|Output to Digibeta tape||£150 setup + £50 per 10GB source data|
|Data Conversion to High Definition 1080i format TIFFs||£150 per 10GB source data|
|Pirate Studio dry hire||£550/8hrs or £687/10hrs|
|(Inside M25 equipment delivery / collection, inc. operator time||£125)|
|(Outside M25 equipment delivery / collection £125 minimum or mileage charged at||105p per mile)|
|(Outside M25 operator travel time charged prorata)|