Our ShotServer is an industry first - from camera to conform: finally, a workflow for digital camera shoots - one that works for Phantom, Photron and RED. This unique facility provides a digital camera shoot with:
- Within minutes of a take being saved, editors on set or internet-connected can work with off-line material.
- Rapid preview of stills (.jpg in seconds) and time-coded ProRes Quicktime movies ready-for-FinalCut Pro.
- Automatic generation of Avid MXF import files to allow direct import of Quicktimes into Avid Media Composer for off-line editing.
- An alternative to Video Playback Operator & Equipment, if mix & overlay are not required.
- In-depth shot quality analysis immediately after the shot, avoiding any horrid discoveries later necessitating a re-shoot.
- Immediate data save to mirrored RAID disks, to absolutely minimise lost of data through hardware failure.
- Preview files (.jpg & .mov) served up by WiFi to any authorised laptop (or iPhone!) user. These may also be viewed externally via the web, both during and after the shoot by director, production staff, clients or designers. Take the shoot away in your pocket on your iPhone at wrap!
- All time-coded Quicktimes & stills for an off-line, together with a shot log spreadsheet, ready on wrap.
For a live demonstration of how the system works, please click here.
Optional Additional Service - Digital Intermediates:
- Rendering of highest quality digital intermediates from raw to .tif sequences or .dpx files, ready by the morning after, avoiding the delay and higher costs of making digital intermediates by a third party. NB: the de-Bayering algorithm used is much better than that normally used, producing superior quality images.
|ShotServer & Digital Intermediate Facility*||£450|
|*upto 320GB of cine raw data - a typical day's shoot* (Additional GB of raw data would be charged at 60p/GB.)|
|ShotServer Technician||£440 per 10 hours *OT - see here|
|External Hard Drive, 2TB RAID USB2 & eSATA interfaces, purchase||£190|
|External Hard Drive, 2TB RAID USB2 & eSATA interfaces, in flight case, hire only||£40|
Please note that if CineMags are being used with the Phantom HD, the ShotServer Technician doubles-up as the CineStation Technician.