|Pirate's Motion Control Studio is the most cost-effective (see our rates below) and easy to use in London - we are located near Panalux Lighting and prop hire companies and ample parking.|
Pirate's motion control equipment has several innovative features:
- An in-house designed and built fast, rigid head incorporating the compact Panasonic AW-E800E broadcast camera totally eliminates head shake.
- A three channel motion controlled dimmer allows lighting changes to be synchronised with camera movements.
- Direct recording of SDI video signals onto a BlackMagic 'Decklink' hard disk recording system elimating didgibeta tape. This uncompressed video recording system (compared to digibeta's 2:1 compression) gives very clean edges for keying work and shots can be loaded directly into your edit suite from disk.
- A comprehensive set of rotary & linear modelmovers and combination rigs can be used at no extra charge, or they may be hired individually.
- A one-off motion controlled microscope.
- Although not shooting 35mm on the main rig, Pirate offer a very cost effective alternative by using a motion controlled hot head.
- Other studios may have modelmaking facilities comprising little more than a home handiman's tools, but Pirate has an integrated workshop.
Motion Control Rig & Table Specification
|Track movement||4.77m, max 80mm/s|
|lift movement||0.38-2.20m, max 60mm/s|
|head tilt||+65 degrees / -180 degrees, max 100 degrees/s|
|head roll||+/-360 degrees, max 80 degrees/s|
|head pan||+/-360 degrees, max 65 degrees/s|
|table rotation||+/-360 degrees, max 150 degrees/s|
|table North - South||1.4m, max 220mm/s|
|table West - East||11.m, max 135mm/s|
|Video camera||Panasonic AW-E800E|
|Video lens 1||Canon J15x8B8 with 2 x converter, built-in motors|
|Video lens 2||Canon J8x6B4 with 2 x converter, built-in motors|
|Monitor||Sony 21" G1|
|Mix & Overlay||Panasonic Digital AV Mixer WJ-AVE5|
|Disk Recorder System||Blackmagic Design Decklink Pro|
|Portable Disk Medium||LaCie 160GB (approximately 150 minutes record time)|
|Super 16mm Film Camera||Arri SR3 Advanced|
|Super 16mm Film Lens (Standard)||Canon 8 - 64mm|
|Video Assist||Sony Umatic VO-5800PS|
|Pirate's standard motion control studio and operator day is 8 hours. Additional hours are charged at time-and-a-half. A variety of lighting equipment is included in the studio hire fees - please call for current details.|
|SD Video Shoot||£2200/day|
|HD Video Shoot||£2500/day|
|16mm Film Shoot||£2600/day|
Please note that whilst the hire fee includes operator, studio, all motion control equipment and some lighting, it does not include a lighting cameraman or camera loader/focus puller.