Photron Ultima APX Hire - 16:9 Standard Definition Digital High Speed Video @ 2,000 fps
|Directors and DOPs love the ease of use of our high speed video, because it has been integrated with a live-image on-board monitor, a full range of cine lenses, accessories and optional Motion Control, that produce film-like quality images without the hassle and expense of shooting film. They have the luxury of knowing they can go for another high speed take without wincing at spiralling costs.|
- The camera shoots full widescreen broadcast images (1024 x 1024 pixels) up to 2000 fps, continuing up to an amazing 120,000 fps, stored directly onto disk (as 10 bit TIFF files).
- After wrapping, it's then straight into your post-production facility courtesy of a portable drive.
- Whether shooting in our studio or away from base, our portable Motion Control head means the camera can pull focus, zoom, pan & tilt, enabling computer-controlled camera moves during a high speed shot.
- Instant playback on G1 monitor Coo at the graceful way that bullet smashes through plate glass while the next shot is being set up.
- Sensitive image sensor (320 ASA film equivalent) Typical shots require only 2 x 10kW lights, which means your lighting bill will be much lower. Nice.
- 25fps & Custom Frame Rate option You wanted to match live action and the standard speeds may not be exactly what you wanted.
- End Record Trigger Continuously record in a loop and cut when you've seen the action - no more missed takes.
- Synchronise Trigger Kit option Synchronise an event to camera turnover - pyrotechnics have never been so much fun.
Look at it another way:
Shoot high speed on a Photosonic film camera, and a typical take using 1000ft magazine of 35mm film would cost £1000 in stock and telecine alone, before you've even put it through steadygate to sort out the film weave (the images recorded on HSV are steady as a rock). A high speed video shoot day with Pirate can yield 30 or more takes - imagine how much that would cost if shot on film!
|crash housing||hand held||with 6" screen||with eyepiece||HS follow focus||zoom with motion control|
To view a the full set of accessories, please see Digital High Speed Video Accessories.
To view this information as an Adobe Acrobat file, please click here.
|Camera & Control system , Live-feed 6" on-board monitor, Tripod & Head, Arri 4" Matte box & 15mm Rails, Canon Superspeed Prime Lenses (BNCR mount, 24mm-T1.5, 35mm-T1.3, 50mm-T1.3, 85mm-T1.3) (other lens mounts available), 9" Sony monitor||£1200 per day|
|PLEASE NOTE: Lacie Drive is provided free of charge for two working days: further days||£10 per day|
|High Speed Camera Operator||£431 per 10 hours *OT - see here|
|14" Sony High Resolution G1 monitor & cage (flight cased)||£90 per day|
|27" Sony Cube monitor in flight case||£75 per day|
|High-speed follow focus||£75 per day|
|Vinten V12 Fluid head & legs||£45 per day|
|Arri mini Hi Hat & Head||£40 per day|
|Scaffolding Camera Mount & Head||£40 per day|
|18mm-T1.5 prime||£85 per day|
|300mm-T2.8 prime - Canon Century Precision||£150 per day|
|Angenieux zoom lens T3.2, 25mm - 250mm||£310 per day |
|90mm Zoomar macro lens T2.8||£50 per day|
|Crash Housing (protection in hazardous environments)||£35 per day|
|Synchronise Trigger Kit option||£100 per day |
|Motion Controlled Head, 5 axis, option||£1000 per 10 hours|
|Custom frame rate option eg 25 fps||£200 per day|
|Camera Assistant||£430 per 10 hours|
|Output to Digibeta tape||£150 setup + £50 per 10GB source data|
|Pirate Studio dry hire||£550/8hrs or £687/10hrs|
|(Inside M25 equipment delivery / collection, inc. operator time||£125)|
|(Outside M25 equipment delivery / collection £125 minimum or mileage charged at||105p per mile)|
|(Outside M25 operator travel time charged prorata)|